BBI: first steps for a new customer
Author: Baiana Kashaeva
The BBI solution is made for your convenience, which means that you will not require a lot of time to figure out the functionality and configuration. Still, we have a wide range of features and tools which might overwhelm you in the beginning, so we’ve prepared a list of tips to help you get started, once the software is downloaded and installed.
1. Before you do anything else — assign access levels for your colleagues and yourself. Needless to say, having different access levels for your team not only adds to data security, but also prevents curious minds from clicking the wrong button and ruining your statistics.
With BBI, you can grant access levels:
- per server: if your company runs multiple servers
- per group: within one or multiple servers
- with full or limited access to certain pages: e.g. top management might only see the summary on Dashboard, and dealing might access alerts system and Exposure
2. Setup Merged Groups to track Net Volume, AVG Price and Profit by instruments related to specific groups’ selection. Your Exposure of instruments in real time will depend on which groups you merge.
3. Take a closer look at the Charts module to get to know your clients better. It will show you:
- how and in which time period clients are trading
- time of day when there is most or least activity
- which instruments your clients prefer
- how many clients are trading in volumes of 10 lots and more
4. Next you can setup private rules in Custom Reports. Your notification system will depend on these settings.
Here is an example: you’ve looked into clients’ statistics in Charts and saw that some clients often trade in short time slots, make a small profit, and send a large number of orders per minute.
The task is to find all potential clients with similar trading pattern in the past. Solution: run a custom report to allocate all such clients quickly. Bonus: track all future clients with similar behavior by creating a rule and a notification.
Just specify the patterns in the rule and enjoy full automation.
5. Combine modules for more in-depth analysis.
Example: HeatMap will show you abnormalities in traders’ behavior and Economic Calendar will help you understand why it is happening.
These are the 5 tips for BBI beginners that we wanted to share with you today. We will continue to post articles about the product, its’ functionality and benefits, so please stay tuned for more.
Do you have any questions or suggestions for future articles?
Please reach out to us using firstname.lastname@example.org
OF ANY PRODUCT